Saturday 28 January 2017

What a week

What's been going on this week. Wow, they don't come much busier than this one. I will give you a short overview of some of my week's commitments. Early Monday, I spent time in Chelmsford Bus station, and managed to chat to colleagues about the upcoming "Your Voice" survey-that starts in early February.
At lunch,  I moved to Hadleigh to support the "Brew and Bake" a fantastic £250 was raised by YOU. Well done, to Simon and Grace for fully organizing and coordinating this event and everybody who contributed to the stall.  I have some spare Prostrate Cancer packs available if any other depots wish to follow suit.
I think I put on a few pounds but Paul Hollywood hasn't got nothing on us Essex bakers! Well, if I am honest my effort was baked by my wife as she will not let me cook in her kitchen, since I last broke her oven!.

Late on Monday, I completed a short training session on DSDB. 
Tuesday, I met with the local Unite Union to give my period report.
Wednesday, I met with local Employee Directors to listen and share best practice in each others OpCos.
Thursday, I attended the National Employee Engagement awards alongside other First Group colleagues. We were short listed for our Aberdeen employee phone App used by colleagues and I was honoured to win an award for Employee Engagement.

A Great Event


 
If you want to see my interview hit the link below. Maybe it's a good job I won't be presenting this years Oscars!
 
Friday am, I am part of developing improving safety for all staff based through our 'Be Safe' principals and finally after lunch, I was able to witness a great approach to 'BE SAFE' when I participated in a weekly de brief meeting which had lots of positivity making Essex a great OPCO to work in.
Next week I will be in Basildon early on Monday available during the run out if you want to catch up with me.

2 comments:

  1. Antony how can people nominate colleagues for the BeFirst rewards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie copy and paste this link and it will take you to the nomination page

    www.firstgroupplc.com/befirstawards.

    ReplyDelete