Sunday 13 January 2019

Exercise for all

 



Whenever I need to reflect on life for 45 years I have biked in the outdoors. Living in the South East makes me smile,as we have sea and a capital city on our doorstep, as well as  the countryside,  all within a short distance.  Our lives are changing as technology advances, our lifestyles change at a speed that we struggle to keep up with.  For this reason, I  sometimes  need to step outside of the rat race and my bike riding helps me enjoy down-time. Nothing  beats the exhilaration of a muddy field or a rushing stream  on a summers day or even a frosty clear one.  I frequently, bike past colleagues on their bus routes. This gives a feel of community with work and rest time merged within one living space.

Whilst travelling  at St Pancreas I spotted The Peloton Bike company who have a pop-up    shop, they are advertising heavily on TV and Hollywood stars have signed up for a class in  their own homes (for the equivalent cost of a years Gym subscription).  There are many ways to strengthen your mind and refresh yourself for work.  What helps you? Maybe, look at the concept of virtual riding and does it have the same effect? I wonder one day in the not to distance future I will put on a virtual headset and cycle any where in the world.

I have set myself a few challenges this year. The first one will be via the Thames side path way which goes from Grays to Leigh on Sea  which is 37 miles. After that, I will complete the London to Southend 55 miles through beautiful countryside and finally I plan to cycle from Nottingham to  Southend via Cambridge over a 2 day trip ( if my wife lets me).

What goals will you set? What Challenge can you see yourself  attempting? Remember we only ever fail when we stop trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment