Monday 15 April 2019

Equality Diversity and Inclusion

Hi all,
        My daughter Lily suffers with 2 Genetic conditions. She has a condition known as 'Turners Syndrome' as well as another genetic condition known as 'Triple X'. These conditions create many difficulties in her life that make venturing into the bigger society poses many challenges.  Lily is wheelchair bound so in effect we rely on outside adaptions to aid us as we travel. A normal day for both myself and my wife starts at 5.30am completing the normal day to day jobs. It's like a military operation (with my wife in charge, obviously) every day of the week. She thrives at her day centre and here there are many others of a similar age who also live with disabilities on a day to day basis.




What we can all do is focus on how we speak to each other with dignity and respect. Sometimes all it takes is some self reflection to really make a difference to yourself and others

 
 If any body has any questions please contact me for a chat while on my visits
 

No comments:

Post a Comment