Friday 18 December 2015

Your Voice Update/Be Safe Training

The results from "Your Voice" have been analysed.  As a result, Essex and individual OpCOs will be planning their action plans based on all of the feedback we have supplied.
Over 800 employees in Essex completed the form and I can guarentee that "Your Voice" will feature as a regular activity throughout the next year enhancing depot performance-it should never be far from our minds and needs to be constantly assessed so that it becomes real and part of our day to day working lives.
   We all want to make 'First'  a great place to work. keep looking out for what is happening in your Depot; everybody is responsible for "Your Voice" keeping it live and real.  Therefore, I for one will be making sure that what we propose is carried out. In the new year keep your eyes open for what is happening in your depot!

As you already know safety is a large part of the remit that I carry out as Employee Director.
Ultimately, it's a priority and if we achieve our values both inside and outside work then the end result can only be a positive outcome.  Safety is a way of life!  Often, I can be driving my car and in my head replay the '5 SMITHS KEYS'  the principle keeps me safer than other drivers on the road.

With this in my mind, for a period of time I will be involved in the role out of "BE SAFE" training. I have been seconded to the safety team but I will still be fully emersed in the role of Employee Director.  I will always try my best to support or look into any queries and ultimately use my experience to benefit safety training.  I will ensure that employees within First Essex aren't adversely affected in any way during this period.
I really hope that I can bring other benefits to both Essex and individual teams as a whole. I know that as a group 'safe behaviours' are at the forefront of everything we say and act upon, so i'm sure as I travel around I will have the full support of all of you in your own individual OPCOs.
.
"BE SAFE" doesn't replace any of the great process and  procedures we already have at First Bus but looks at Behaviours to work alongside; building upon our previous strengths.
Please speak to me the next time I visit- about any issue or even just to catch up.

In the meantime, I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Ant


No comments:

Post a Comment