Sunday 26 November 2017

A Fresh start, a new start

How many of us can remember our first day at work? What was It like.?

I remembered the following:
  • lively and loud vibrant
  • professional
  • safety orientated
  • welcoming and friendly.
I wonder if this is what we all experienced in our early period of working for First. Some colleagues (and I know I was ) maybe feel:
  • Worried about what is to come
  • So much still to learn and remember
  • What will I enjoy and what won't I enjoy, anticipation.
It's important that we all recognize that at some stage in our career we're all newbies and know exactly  how it feels to be a rookie. We can all play our part at all levels in our business making colleagues feel part of the depot team, as quickly as possibly. This could be as simple as saying 'good morning' and wishing the colleague a pleasant day or just a smile. 


A sense of respect and support gives colleagues a sense of worth and encourages team work.  Team work creates consistency and fluidity.  Ideas and  cultures are filtered up and down working roles with many beneficial effects.  Every role is crucial to the smooth running of a business.  Let's work together.

This week, say hello to a new colleague, make them feel welcome, it will make their day, as well as yours.

1 comment:

  1. I remember my first day Ant ! Did five different routes in my first part and then after my break a brick smashed my front windscreen under longroyd bridge on Manchester road . I was very shocked and had to go home .

    Welcome to bus driving I thought ! Still there after nine happy years .

    ReplyDelete