Monday 6 April 2020

How do we cope presently

In these unprecedented times it's important that we continue to be strong for ourselves, our family and others who we interact with. Life has currently changed, with our days not being our norm and what we are used to. We are all looking at ways of making this work, so when we finally emerge from this that we can do the best we can.
   Due to the situation we are all missing many things, simple pleasures that I took for granted that I now see as a luxury, my routine has been interrupted, as I abide by the government advice. I miss walking along the seafront, watching a football match in the local park, nipping to get a newspaper and not having to think about social distancing. These small pleasures aren't disappearing and the seafront will be there for us all once we recover and football players will once again grace the pitch, this gives me the light at the end of the tunnel.

   We are now a household of five, As a family we have had to devise a plan which gives us all the direction and focus for the day, this really helps and keeps the day running to time  - learning, exercise, fun activities, rest, are all built into an agenda which means everyone has to play apart. Each has strengths that they bring and weaknesses that they need to work upon (my teenage son).

Rather than focusing on the challenges of COVID 19 and the associated issues. I want to share on the inner strengths that are arising.
    I don't think I have ever spent so much time with my children.  Lily would normally be at her care centre,  and has lots of transfer equipment and wheelchair etc, Lauren  would usually be at work and Alex at college.  I watch how they handle the situation which I feel is character building. Both Alex and Lauren have stepped up to the plate with regards to caring for Lily, not only for Lily but also for their grandparents who are in 12 week isolation.
 My 45 minutes exercise has become the key to maintaining my day and it's my simple pleasure that sets me a goal to complete.

What goal can you set?
  • Complete an on-line course 
  • DIY tasks that need completing in your house
  • Support someone in need
  • Video chat with relatives
remember if anyone wants to chat  i'm always available through normal communication channels

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Ant, it's always good to hear how others are getting on and I was you all well. I am generally a-OK, but have a meltdown from time to time. Back to work tomorrow, as been on holiday, opted for a staycation this time!
    Samantha Skinner 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam, Glad you are Ok - nothing wrong with ups and downs, we have the wall mural at home which says 'the rainbow always follows the storm' If low focus on the positives and this will help. Stay Safe Ant

      Delete
  2. I would highly recommend Mr Benjamin services to any person in need of financial help and they will keep you on top of high directories for any further needs. Once again I commend yourself and your staff for extraordinary service and customer service, as this is a great asset to your company and a pleasant experience to customers such as myself. Wishing you all the best for the future.Mr, Benjamin is best way to get an easy loan,here is there email.. / 247officedept@gmail.com Or talk to Mr Benjamin On WhatsApp Via_+1-989-394-3740 Thank You for helping me with loan once again in my sincerely heart I'm forever grateful.

    ReplyDelete